Wall FX: Cutting The Ending
Add dimension, texture and character to your walls with a unique mosaic of wood slices. Available exclusively at Home Hardware and Building Centre locations. Paint colours shown may appear different than actual paint colours due to the printing process. Please refer to actual paint chips for colour accuracy.
What you'll need
- Mitre Saw
- Brad Nailer
- Paint Brushes
- four 4” x 4” x 8’ spruce or pine boards (not pressure-treated)
- 1 1/4” brad nails 1283-024
- Beauti-Tone Designer Series paint in matte or satin (Colours used - Minty Muse CL08-0 and Diamond Mine CL52-0)
- Set up a stop block 3/8” away from your mitre saw blade to make quick, repetitive cuts.
- Cut 3 of the 8’ boards into 3/8” slices.
- Move the stop block 3/4” away from the blade and adjust the saw for a 10-degree angle.
- Cut the remaining 8’ board into larger, angled biscuits by alternating the saw blade’s angle from 10 degrees to 0 degrees so that each piece has one flat side.
- Thin your paint with water at a ratio of 1:1 and paint the slices in your desired colour. For a slightly more dramatic look, paint the angled biscuits in a different colour (shown: Minty Muse CL08-0/Diamond Mine CL52-0). Let dry.
- Using a brad nailer and starting your first row at floor level, pin each slice to the wall.
- When you have your desired width, move up to the next row and continue until you’ve filled your space.