Sous Vide Red Wine Poached Pears
A poached pear is both delicious and interesting to look at. Using the Sous Vide method makes it easy to do as well. All you need to do is combine all the ingredients and place them in the bag, cook and serve over ice cream. A great dessert that is light but interesting.
- 2 pears, firm and peeled
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 slices of orange peels, no pith
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat the water bath to 178°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the red wine, sugar and vanilla. Add the orange peels and cinnamon.
- Place the pears in a bag and add the mixture for the bowl. Vacuum seal the bag or use the water displacement method.
- Add the bag to the water bath and cook for 45 minutes. Remove the pears from the water bath and place them on a plate.
- Pour the wine mixture from the bag that the pears were cooked into a saucepan. Simmer the liquid over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes until the liquid thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve the pears with ice cream and the wine sauce.